Citrus Aurantium Extract powder 25%-98% Hesperidin CAS No.:
Hesperidin is a flavanone glycoside found abundantly in citrus
fruits. Its aglycone form is called hesperetin. Its name is derived
from the word "hesperidium", the kind of fruit produced by citrus
trees. Hesperidin is believed to play a role in plant defense. It
acts as an antioxidant according to in vitro studies.Various
preliminary studies reveal novel pharmaceutical properties, none of
which has been confirmed as applicable to humans. Hesperidin
reduced cholesterol and blood pressure in rats. In a mouse study,
large doses of hesperidin decreased bone density loss.Another
animal study showed protective effects against sepsis. In vitro and
in laboratory research, hesperidin has anti-inflammatory effects.
Hesperidin is also a potential sedative, possibly acting through
opioid or adenosine receptors.Hesperidin exhibited pronounced
anticancer activity against some selected human carcinoma cell
lines.Some in vitro results applied only to the aglycone form.
Hesperidin also showed potential to penetrate the blood–brain
barrier in an in vitro model.
- Product name: Hesperidin
- Latin Name:Citrus Aurantium Extract
- Active ingredient: Hesperidin
- Biogenic origin: Wild in central and southern China
- CAS NO.: 520-26-3
- Specification: 90%-98%
- Molecular formula: C28H34O15
- Molecular Weight: 610.55
- Part of the Plant Used: Peel
- Characters: white powder with slight yellow cast
- Usage: Pharmaceuticals, healthcares,and cosmetics
- Hesperidins has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, hypolipidemic,
vasoprotective and anticarcinogenic and cholesterol lowering
- Hesperidins can inhibit following enzymes: Phospholipase A2,
lipoxygenase, HMG-CoA reductase and cyclo-oxygenase.
- Hesperidins improve the health of capillaries by reducing the
- Hesperidins are used to reduce hay fever and other allergic
conditions by inhibiting the release of histamine from mast cells.
The possible anticancer activity of hesperidins could be explained
by the inhibition of polyamine synthesis.
- Orange Flavone has the properties such as unique aromaticity, good
water bath, and obvious pharmacological action
6.It can excite the heart and shrink the blood vessel, and then
causes the hypertension.